Get Data - GLOBE Observer
Get Data Landing Page
GLOBE makes its data available to everyone. This page contains resources for how to access, cite, and use GLOBE data, including curated data sets focused on the four tools in the GLOBE Observer app. Please also refer to this blog outlining eight new GLOBE resources developed to support research.
GLOBE Visualization System - explore data on a world map
- View latest cloud, mosquito, land cover, and tree height data
Advanced Data Access Tool - download to CSV
GLOBE API - query data from command line
Download pre-packaged data for:
- Clouds - by year and for data challenges and events, as well as specialized data sets such as for the Terminator Problem.
- Dust - sky conditions with quality assurance annotations
- Eclipses - air temperature and clouds during eclipse events
- Land Cover - land cover data sets, for example from the GO on a Trail challenge
- Mosquito Habitats - mosquito habitat data sets, for example related to publications or challenges
The purpose of the GLOBE Data User Guide is to help scientists and researchers understand, access, and use available GLOBE data.
GLOBE Data Fundamentals: Training 1
31 October 2019 and 23 January 2020
- Watch the recording
- Shortcuts to GLOBE Visualization System , Advanced Data Access Tool , GLOBE API , and Tips and Tricks sections
- Q&A transcript for Oct 2019
- Q&A transcript for Jan 2020
GLOBE Data Tutorials
- Library of videos and tutorials on globe.gov
- Specific instructions about how to retrieve data from the Advanced Data Access tool and process it for particular clouds research topics (contrails, obscured vs. overcast and smoke)
GLOBE Dust Observation Tutorial
19 August 2019
- Step-by-step instructions
- Example Python code
GLOBE Data in ArcGIS Online
9 September 2019, Credit: Joseph Kerski, ESRI
To subscribe to the mailing list to receive updates about GLOBE data, trainings, meetings, and publications, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (no subject or text in the body is required). If you have any trouble subscribing, please contact us.
Data Side Column
Global Learning and Observations to Benefit the Environment (GLOBE) Program, date data was accessed, globe.gov