News - GLOBE Observer
NASA GLOBE Observer’s Weekly Roundup: 8-14 January 2017
Friday was #NationalTechnologyDay and this week is not without its technology showstoppers and well, just plain showstoppers (see the image above). Read all about it in this week's roundup.
1. IMAGE OF THE WEEK: Have you ever seen fog in the Grand Canyon? Apparently this is a rare meteorological event. Learn how these clouds get trapped in the canyon in the link below.
2. COMMUNICATE: Steve Jobs debuted the iPhone 10 years ago Monday. With it, we have seen a decade of easier, multi-faceted communication and the ability to take and share pictures like never before. Participation using the Clouds App would not be so easy without the iPhone and devices like it.
3. COMPUTERS: Speaking of technology ... Have you seen the new movie Hidden Figures that came out in theaters? This movie chronicles some of the women who were NASA's "human computers." NASA and spaceflight and -- the study of clouds -- would not be where it is today without these women, and more like them.
4. CANYON: Did you know that the Grand Canyon was made into a national monument 99 years ago Wednesday? Planning a vacation there for its centennial year? Be sure and snap some pictures of clouds while you are there.
5. CAPTURE: See last week's favorite cloud observation submissions on our Facebook page. And don't forget to share your favorite photos with us by tagging us on Facebook and Twitter: #NASAGO.