News - GLOBE Observer
NASA GLOBE Observer’s Weekly Roundup: 25 June- 1 July 2017
This summer is going to be an exciting one for citizen scientists. This and more in this week's roundup.
1. IMAGE OF THE WEEK: The above is an image of a past total eclipse of the sun. On 21 August the sun will be eclipsed by the moon. This eclipse will be visible to all residents of the United States. And if you live in the path of totality you will be able to experience a total solar eclipse. This could be a once in a lifetime event -- one you will not want to miss. To learn more and how to protect your eyes while viewing the eclipse check out the links below.
2. SNEAK PEEK: We are gearing up to release a special in-app feature for you to use during the solar eclipse this August (21 August 2017). Look for more about it here, within the app itself, and on our Facebook and Twitter pages.
3. STORM CLOUDS: Our thoughts are with those affected by Tropical Storm Cindy. To learn more and to see what NASA saw from space, take at a look at the link below.
4. ICYMI: How goes looking at mosquito habitats? Have you identified any larvae this week? Did you miss our Facebook Live broadcast all about our Mosquito Habitat Mapper on Tuesday? You can watch or re-watch it in the link below. (The video was broadcast out of Lima, Peru and is in both Spanish and English.)
Watch at about the 13:00 minute mark if you would like to see a close up of a live mosquito larva.
5. WEEKLY VIDEO: See last week's favorite cloud observation submissions from around the world on our Facebook page. And don't forget to share your favorite photos with us by tagging us on Facebook and Twitter: #NASAGO.