News - GLOBE Observer
NASA GLOBE Observer’s Weekly Roundup: 2-8 Dec. 2018
Volunteer for Earth. This and more in this week's edition of the roundup.
1. VOLUNTEER: This Wednesday, December 5th is International Volunteering Day. What will you do to celebrate?
2. CITIZEN SCIENCE: Making citizen science observations is a good way to volunteer for our home planet. You could take observations of the clouds, sky and land, as well as help fight disease by looking at mosquito habitats. Learn more about how to make observations in the link below.
3. WORLD SOIL DAY: Wednesday is also #WorldSoilDay. The GLOBE Program has had a long relationship making soil moisture observations. And did you know that soil moisture measurements from space help scientists predict where and when mosquito-borne diseases could occur? Learn more in the links below.
4. AGU: The American Geophysical Union's (AGU) Fall meeting starts next week (December 10-14). And there will be several presentations and posters from members of the GLOBE Observer team. Keep checking our social pages for more from GLOBE Observer at the meeting.
5. WEEKLY VIDEO: Check out our favorite cloud images from all around the world in this past week's clouds video.