News - GLOBE Observer
NASA GLOBE Observer’s Weekly Roundup: 16-22 April 2017
The Earth is beautiful. It is our home. Celebrate the Earth and more in this week's roundup.
1. IMAGE(S) OF THE WEEK: Saturday, 22 April is Earth Day. The above is just a sample of the images NASA has compiled for the celebration. Click on the first link in the below for high resolution versions of the above images and more.
NASA is also inviting you to "adopt" the planet this Earth Day. Go to the second link to learn how.
2. EARTH DAY: Are you planning an Earth Day event? You can access several Earth Day cloud articles compiled by our own Dorian Janney.
Over 100 libraries across the USA will be hosting Earth Day Events with GLOBE Observer presentations and resources. Click on the second link in the below to find a library hosting an event near you.
- Earth Day Cloud Articles
- Libraries Celebrating Earth Day
- Blog: Celebrate Earth Day 2017 – with your Local Library and GLOBE Observer
3. MOSQUITOES: Thursday, 20 April at both 9 pm ET and 9 pm PT, on your local public television station, you can watch a web episode that features the upcoming GLOBE Observer: Mosquito Habitat Mapper (MHM).
(GLOBE Observer is proud to be featured in The Crowd & The Cloud, a new four-part documentary from PBS World that discusses the power of citizen science. Episode 3 features MHM and is titled: “Viral vs Virus.”)
If you would rather not wait until Thursday you can watch the episode already on The Crowd & The Cloud website.
4. FACEBOOK LIVE: Even if you do watch the episode online instead of on television, be sure to tune in to the The Crowd & The Cloud Facebook page (also linked to from the GLOBE Observer Facebook page) on Thursday, 20 April for a special Q & A with the participants of the episode. Look for that at 10 pm ET and again at 10 pm PT.
5. WEEKLY VIDEO: See last week's favorite cloud observation submissions from around the world on our Facebook page. And don't forget to share your favorite photos with us by tagging us on Facebook and Twitter: #NASAGO.