News - GLOBE Observer
NASA GLOBE Observer’s Weekly Roundup: 24-30 June 2018
It's been a busy time here at NASA GO and we have so many exciting things to share with you all this week. This and more in this week's edition of the roundup.
1. IMAGE OF THE WEEK: Check out these interesting looking clouds and the color within. They are call "Glories."
"If you have ever seen a series of concentric rings of color near a mist or fog, you have likely seen a glory. This colorful optical phenomenon, bright red on the outside and blue toward the center, forms when water droplets scatter sunlight back toward a source of light."
2. GLOBE ZIKA PROJECT: You may have noticed that in May we focused a great deal on disease prevention by using the GLOBE Observer app's Mosquito Habitat Mapper in connection with the GLOBE Zika Education and Prevention project and in partnership with the United States Department of State.
"The GLOBE Zika Education and Prevention project is a global initiative, connecting citizen scientists around the world. Help Stop Mosquito-Borne Diseases with the GLOBE Observer App!"
Learn more about the project and how you can get involved in the link below.
3. GLOBE LEARNING EXPEDITION: Starting July 1st and through the 6th, members of The GLOBE Program will come together at the GLOBE Annual Meeting and Learning Expedition (GLE) in Killarney, Ireland.
The NASA GO team will also be on hand to disuss where we have been and where we are GO-ing this year. You can tune in to all of the happenings and announcements by checking out both The GLOBE Program and NASA GO's social media pages or by following #IrelandGLE2018
4. FACEBOOK LIVE: Tune in Thursday, July 5th at 15:30 UTC (10:30 a.m. EDT / 7:30 am PDT) for our broadcast direct from Ireland at at the GLE. We will be talking mosquitoes and the impact of disease prevention in places such as Thailand, Togo, Estonia, and in South America.
5. WEEKLY VIDEO: Here are our favorite cloud observation submissions from the past week from all around the world.