News - GLOBE Observer
Updates to the App - September 2019
When you next open up the GLOBE Observer app, you’ll be prompted to download a fairly substantial update (19.5 MB). Many of the changes are behind the scenes and most users won’t even notice a difference, such as a major rewrite of large sections of the code to bring it up to date. We also addressed a large number of minor enhancement requests, bug fixes and error handling. More noticeable changes to users will include:
- Improved compass accuracy for users who previously experienced compass offsets (the compass in the app not indicating the correct direction).
- Simplified surface conditions input – users will be able to use previously entered surface condition values (standing water, leaves on trees, etc.) if a second measurement is near (15 minutes and 100m) a previous measurement.
- Improved error handling for users who do not have a compass/magnetometer in their phone.
- Improved error handling for users who are offline.
- Improved consistency in how each tool in the app handles the data submission and review process
- Additional translations for Dutch and Thai.
- Remove the button for the temporary Eclipse tool.
If you have any specific questions, and of course any time you experience issues with the app, please let us know.