GLOBE makes its data available to everyone. This page contains resources for how to access, cite, and use GLOBE data. Please also refer to this blog outlining eight new GLOBE resources developed to support research.
GLOBE Visualization System - explore data on a world map
Advanced Data Access Tool - download to csv
GLOBE API - query data from command line
Download pre-packaged data for:
- Clouds - by year and for special data challenges and events
- Dust - sky conditions with quality assurance annotations
- Eclipses - air temperature and clouds during eclipse events
The purpose of the GLOBE Data User Guide is to help scientists and researchers understand, access, and use available GLOBE data.
GLOBE Data Fundamentals: Training 1
31 October 2019 and 23 January 2020
- Watch the recording
- Shortcuts to GLOBE Visualization System, Advanced Data Access Tool, GLOBE API, and Tips and Tricks sections
- Q&A transcript for Oct 2019
- Q&A transcript for Jan 2020
GLOBE Data Tutorials
GLOBE Dust Observation Tutorial
19 August 2019
GLOBE Data in ArcGIS Online
9 September 2019, Credit: Joseph Kerski, ESRI
Subscribe for updates about GLOBE data, trainings, meetings, and publications.
Global Learning and Observations to Benefit the Environment (GLOBE) Program, date data was accessed, globe.gov