This land is our land. A big release, new opportunities and more in this week's roundup.
1. ANNOUNCEMENT: Our team is proud to announce our newest and latest feature: Land Cover: Adopt a Pixel. With it, you can simply take photos of the land to help scientist make more detailed maps of our planet.
2. IMPACT: Why is this important? The more information we have about our world, the better we can be prepared for and mitigate natural disasters such as fires and landslides. Learn more by downloading the GLOBE Observer app. Or if you have it already, open it up and start using the Land Cover tool today.
3. TUNE IN: Be sure to tune in to our Facebook Live out of the NASA Earth Facebook page on Monday, September 17th at 3:30 p.m. PDT. We will be talking about the new Land Cover feature at the base of Mt. Hood in Oregon with a few special guests. Also, be ready to ask us questions and we will answer them LIVE during the broadcast.
Plus, that same day check out NASA's Snapchat, Instagram, or Facebook story for more about the new Land Cover tool from Oregon.
4. LAND CHALLENGE: Remember our month-long Spring Cloud Challenge? Well, we are doing it again, but this time we are focusing on land and our newest feature: Land Cover! For just one week, and kicking off on Public Lands Day (and culminating on NASA's 60th Anniversary!), make as many observations as you can. The top 10 observers will receive a digital certificate and be recognized by name by our team on social media.
5. WEEKLY VIDEO: Here is our favorite cloud observation submissions from all around the world. Enjoy!